Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mini Cheesecakes

Was craving for cheesecakes recently and Superpig promised that he would buy me one from MacDonald's. However, it costs $3.80 for a miserable thin slice so I refuse to buy eat.



Hence, I decided to bake one myself. Then again how was I to finish the whole cake by myself? So I to bake them in cups just like cup cakes. Off I went to search for cheesecake recipes and I found mini cheesecakes.



Cheesecakes in cups!



Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:

30g graham cracker crumbs (I used digestive biscuits)
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon margarine, melted (I used butter)

224g cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 165 degree Celsius (I used 160). Prepare muffin cups.
  2. In a bowl, mix together the cracker, sugar and margarine with fork until combined. Measure a rounded tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of the cup, pressing firmly. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 min. Then remove to cool. Keep the oven on.
  3. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract till fluffy. Mix in the egg.
  4. Pour the cream cheese mixture into cups, filling each until 3/4 full. Bake at 165 degree Celsius for 25 min. Cool completely and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy your mini cheesecakes... I did enjoyed mine.

Leave a comment to let me know how it turned out.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have made mini cheesecakes before with a cookies as a crust. you can just put a little bit of cookie mix in a muffin tray and bake - then fill with the cheesecake mixture. it's delicious!